Welcome to the world of spiritual gifts! God has given to each segment of the body of Christ all the gifts necessary, at any given time, to accomplish His will for that congregation at that point in time. Our goal is to enable the people of NRCC to discover, develop and use their spiritual gifts for the growth of the church.
A spiritual gift is a special attribute given by the Spirit to every member of the body
according to God's grace for use within the context of the body.
God has given every Christian at least one spiritual gift, and probably more. This questionnaire is designed to help you understand what your top 3-5 spiritual gifts are and how to use them in ministry.
Andrew P. Kulp* developed Gifted2Serve beginning with the Bible and then researching several other inventories. He developed a series of questions based on his scriptural understanding of each of the spiritual gifts and then balanced them with his perception of how each gift is used at the Church he was serving at the time. Gifted2Serve was designed so that people may understand how God has placed them in the local body. May every member of the Church find their place in ministry at their local Church.
*Andrew P. Kulp, Founder/Director of Building Church Ministries, and Former Lakeview Pastoral Intern
This inventory contains 125 questions and will take 20-45 minutes to complete. Please allow adequate time to answer all questions before beginning.
1. Pray. Ask God to guide you with a clear mind and an open heart. Ask God to help you be honest with yourself and Him through this exercise. Remember that this is a spiritual exercise to help equip you to better serve God according to His will.
2. According to the scale below, select the response that best describes or characterizes yourself. Record your answers on the answer sheet provided. DO NOT answer according to what you think should be true, but based on actual past experience. Do not leave any answers blank.
0 – Not at all characteristic of me/definitely not true for me.
1 – Occasionally characteristic of me/true for me–about 25% of the time.
2 – Sometimes characteristic of me/true for me–about 50% of the time.
3 – Usually characteristic of me/true for me–about 75% of the time.
4 – Highly characteristic of me/definitely true for me.
3. Answer each item as quickly, honestly and accurately as possible. Usually your first response is the most accurate.
4. When you finish filling in the questionnaire click the “Calculate your score Now!” button and the webpage will calculate your score. This survey can help guide you to what are most likely your top 3-5 spiritual gifts. Be sure to write down or print the five highest numbers and email a copy to email@example.com. List the top 5 numbers and their corresponding gifts. (At this time we are unable to simply forward the results).
5. Call the Church Office to set up a follow-up appointment. Someone will work to help you find just the right place to serve the Lord in the Community or in the Church. 910 327-6722.