In the Church of God, we believe every person who has accepted Christ is a member of God's great eternal church (Acts 2:47). No formal list or letters of membership are kept at New River. That list is kept in Heaven as the "Lamb’s book of life" (Rev. 21:27). As a born again member of God's eternal church you are automatically a member of New River!
After coming to faith in Christ, baptism is the next natural step in obedience to Christ. Any believing Christian who has not been baptized since coming to faith in Christ is encouraged to follow Our Lord's example in this. This is one way to show your intention to be a part of God's great family. You can talk to one of the Pastors about this.
To participate in the decision-making and leadership of New River we have the following Voting Requirements:
1. They have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior;
2. They are committed to growing in their relationship with Christ and in obedience to His Word;
3. They have lived in harmony with the accepted standards of the Church and with the General Assembly of the Church of God Anderson, Indiana;
4. They are 16 years of age or older; and
5. They have worshiped regularly at NRCC for a period of at least six months preceding any meeting at which they might wish to vote.